Monday, May 24, 2010

I need a diagnosis for my dog in Vietnam?

There are no vets here. The dog has been lethargic and has gummy eyes in the morning. She is starting to lose the hair around her eyes. does anyone know what this is and how to cure it?
Answers:
I don't think anyone here is qualified to even make a guess.
Try the Yahoo group petvetcafe...there are real vets on there and they answer questions.
I'm sure it;s some sort of eye infection that requires antibiotics.
need more symptoms, fever, eating habits, stool runny or not? etc. been wormed lately??... U Could give antibiotics? and at least some anitibiotic eye ointments to start with, some are irritated with dusty conditions, dunno if this applies...
Here's a link for the various veterinarians in Vietnam: http://www.eguidevietnam.com/productserv...
There are vets anywhere there are animals that need taking care of.
sorry i never been in vietnam
If she were my dog, I'd get her some antibiotics. A broad-spectrum like Clavamox liquid. [or tablets depending on her size] See if that works. 2 - 3 weeks worth. I don't now if people antibiotics like Augmentum is OK to give a dog so I don't know what to tell you since there are not Vets... She needs a Vet for treatment.
Could you show us a photo? That would help a lot.
Oh,and Augmentin is the same as Clavamox,so a dog could take it.They can also take Amoxicillin,Keflex (really good for skin issues),Erythromycin,Penicilli... Tetracycline or Doxycycline.If you need to know the dosages,how much does the dog weigh?
The hair loss can be a sign of mange.Fronline Plus is used to treat mange.You can order it from many sites on the internet.I would try this,along with an antibiotic,if you can get them.

No comments:

Post a Comment