Friday, May 21, 2010

I just started using Revolution on my 11 month old Bichon Frise for fleas & he seems 2B itching a bit more.?

We just switched to Revolution from Advantage, just to give it a try because a friend of ours said that it was better. Milou, (our dog) seems to be itching more than he ever has. Does anyone know anything about Revolution or if it's just not a good preventative for the Bichon Frise breed. Bichon's are allergy prone and I'm just wondering if this is one of their "allergy things". Any input would be helpful. Thanks.
Answers:
I have experienced this before, you switch brand and seem to get a reverse reaction, could well be the composition of the new brand gives an allergic reaction to your dog.
As far as flees are concerned a vet ones told me that flea bites stay like small open wounds for about 14 days after the bite, so even if you kill the fleas your dog will still scratch for a while as the bite wounds are itchy and take time to heal
it sounds like its a allergy to that try giving your dog a bath in dawn dish liquid to get rid of fleas it works on my dogs

No comments:

Post a Comment