Friday, May 21, 2010

I just got a new puupy! So why am i not happy?

I have a dog that means the world to me and she and i where so excited to get a new puppy, but now the puppy wont leave me alone and im an only child who has to take care of them both all summer, so now i cant spend any time with my dog and she wont have anything to do with me or any of my family and now keeps getting into fights with the puppy. She never sleeps on my bed anymore or even goes near me. I really like the puppy but now Im starting to wish we never got her, and I cant tell my parents that since we already agreed to keep her, but I dont know what to do now, and I need some help please!!
Answers:
It sounds like your older dog is jealous. And some dogs just can't handle all the puppy energy. Try to make special time for just you and your first dog. Do the same for the puppy, too. You have to also make it clear that the older dog is above the puppy in rank. So feed the older one first, do everything for her first, and defend her seniority. Don't let the puppy pester her endlessly. Hopefully your dog will come around and get used to the new one.
Make sure to get the new one outside to exercise A LOT. It will wear her out and calm her down and make it easier for you to manage her. Take her to the dog park and let her go nuts. Do it every day if you have to.
When you want to spend special time with one dog, put the other in a crate or outside or somewhere else. Then just spend time with the one to show him/her they're still special.
Well when I had a new Puppy it was like it never got away from me u know why cause i was around it to much and it got used of me so u should not spend to much time with the DOG!
Maybe she's scared of you. Dogs have senses that can tell if a person is sad or lonely or mad. etc. But scince you don't want it anymore maybe it feels unappreciated or neglected. It was a good thing that it was following you, but that just meant it liked you and was hoping you would accept because he liked you a lot. It might feel sad and doesn't want to get it's feelings hurt again so now that's probably why it is neglecting you. Don't say dogs don't have feelings because they do and you have to treat them just like yo would treat a younger sibling or friend. You have to accept her. Just make her feel like you love her and care for her.
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/390631...

that's my dogster profile and my first dog Seymour was like my baby, he loved me to death and I loved him trememdously . So when a sicky puppy needed a home and I said yes, Seymour was so mad, he wouldn't cuddle with me or lick me or eat his food or anything. He felt like I was replacing him, i guess. But the sick puppy loved seymour.
btw sick puppys name is Gizmo. Gizmo and Seymour finally after like 4 months got used to each other. And Seymour loves me again. yay! Both dogs are very very affectionate towards each other and my husband. Don't give up. Keep the new puppy. it will get better I swear!
Puppies need lots of attention and care. Your other dog also needs your attention and love. He/she is probably jelous. Try to put the new puppy in crate and then take your other dog for a walk or into the yard and just play with her. Maybe at night some other family member can interact with the puppy so you can spend some 1 on 1 time with your other dog, maybe in time she will be back on your bed. It sometimes just takes time for an older dog and a puppy to get along. Try to interact with the 2 of them together by playing with a toy. Maybe you can go and buy your other dog a special toy that is only hers, that the 2 of you can play with together.
Good Luck
Have you ever heard the saying, "Be careful what you ask for, cause you might get it." ?
Being an only child you don't know how to interact with siblings. Both dogs and you are the children in the house. The two dogs are to keep you company %26 happy. They are like sisters %26 brothers to you.
The puppy is doing what puppies do. %26 you have to train it to behave. If you don't know how to go about it, get a couple of books from the library. Or buy one that has advanced training as well as puppy training. Then you can use the book to train him/her now %26 in the future.
Now you have to put up with a puppy that you don't want cause you got what you ask for.
Maybe you should just go to your parents %26 tell them that you made a really big mistake by asking for the puppy. Just come right out with it. Own up to your mistakes %26 learn from them. Ask your parents what your options are %26 see if all three of you can come up with a solution. Consider returning him/her to the original owner %26 let them place the pup in a new home.
Making a mistake like this should teach you to be careful about what you ask for. There is a verse in the Bible that says just that about prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment