Monday, May 24, 2010

I need advice on dealing with the very sudden death of our beloved very healthy 4 yr old PUG?

My beloved dog (Pug) of 4 yrs died suddennly in a kennel last night and the owner of the kennel has yet to offer any sympathy condolences. etc. Our very healthy dog was in a very well equiped air conditioned Kennel and is seems our beloved Lizzie died of heatstroke.what would you do in this matter ?
Answers:
I would not believe the kennel operator who told me she kept the dog in an air conditioned kennel. I would call the BBB, humane society, and anyone else who would take a complaint about it. I would never leave a dog at a kennel.
I would sue if they were at fault which seems to be the case sorry for your loss
Dog food from China?
Have an autopsy done, take the kennel to small claims court and get another pug
Oh dear. I lost my 10 year old pug two years ago. I am so sorry. But what I would do is sue the pants of that kennel! Take it to the courts! Try to shut the Kennel down! Can you imagine if this happened to someone else too? It'd be horrible.
Again, I am so sorry for your loss.
I miss my dog very much and I'm sure you miss yours too.
Contact the local animal control and find out if there have been similar instances, they are the ones who have to dispose of the remains, usually...
Then read your contract, it may say that death is not their responsibility due to their neglect or otherwise, you signed it, that may hurt you. Then I would call my vet and ask them who to talk to legally, I am sure they can refer you to an animal rights type lawyer.
By the way, I am sorry Lizzie died in such a way. I thought by your post you would say she was hit by a car or something bit her, like a snake.It ticks me off that it was due to negligence.
i would see if theres any way you could sue (though im sure they probably had you sign something to get themself of being liable for this type of thing) thats so tragic! i know I would be absolutely crushed if my toby died (year and a half old schnauzer) im so sorry for your family's loss!
Good grief! If this kennel really were well-equipped and air-conditioned, your Lizzie should not have had heat stroke!
I agree, this kennel owner should be sued. There's something very fishy about the whole scenario.
Pugs are very vulnerable to heatstroke.
My guess is that Lizzie was not in the air conditioned kennel you paid for...she was outside in a run or her kennel was given to another dog.
The fact that the kennel owner has not expressed any sympathy to you is very suspicious. It sounds like he's trying to avoid a discussion.
I think you should consult a lawyer.
I'm very sorry for your loss.
Unfortunately, there is not much you can do. You can sue the kennel for the market value of your dog, any vet bills incurred, and if she was intact and to be used for breeding, you can sue for the "lost market value" of any potential offspring she might have produced. The courts don't recognize things like pain and suffering when it comes to pets.
Other than that, you don't have a lot of recourse. You can report them to your local SPCA, animal control, and the BBB.
Generally, the initial paperwork when you check into any boarding facility includes a "Hold Harmless" agreement, where you agree not to hold them responsible for accidents, etc.
While accidents do happen, any good boarding facility is going to at least pay any vet bills and give a sincere apology. If they haven't, well...
I would get the pup autopsied and the SUEEEEEEEE. Poor puppy///t

No comments:

Post a Comment