Friday, May 21, 2010

I just got a puppy but.?

my other dog that i had over a year keeps trying to fight with him. My puppy is a big and my other dog is small. They are both boys. I dont know what to do. I am planning to keep both of them. Ever had this problem? Any suggestions? What can I do for my dog to help him like my puppy?
Answers:
try to let them get used to each other but closely supervise them to prevent a fight the will get used to each other really soon good luck with your new puppy.
I had this problem once. My Pomeranian kept growling at/biting my golden retriever mix puppy. ...Unfortunately, I had to give the puppy up because of my Pom's attitude problem. lol! But I really hope everything works out for you.
Are they fixed? If the dogs aren't fixed this is most liekly why they are fighting. Remember to show them that you are the Alpha and they are Betas.
since they are both males the ones fights with him because he wants to be the domiante one of the house. To help make the older dog feel like he is the dominate one, give him his food first, and do everything for him first before you do it for the puppy.
Did you introduce them to one another to see if they would get along before you brought the younger one home? Of course not. Yet another foolish person that didn't bother to make the effort to do their homework.
try to keep them seperated.

No comments:

Post a Comment