Friday, May 21, 2010

I just got my dog spade, she's not eating.?

Is this normal? If so, how long till she starts eating again?
Answers:
That's normal . My dog behaved the same way , she wouldn't eat or drink once I got he home after the surgery . Tomorrow she'll be OK it just all the meds are making here tired and that's why . It might take a day or two for the dog to come around .
How long has it been since she stopped? I would call the vet. And by the way it's spayed, spade means shovel.
Give it time she will be a bit groggy is all she will not starve herself, she just a bit sore and properbly moody too, she will come round
When did you get her spayed? If you just brought her home today I wouldn't worry much. If it was several days ago I'd check with the vet asap
If it's only been a day - I wouldn't worry about it, particularly if they gave you a liquid pain killer for her (taken by mouth). Apparently some pain meds can make animals feel sick to their stomach (particularly if she hasn't eaten). If it continues, I would suggest talking to the vet and perhaps picking up some gastrointestinal-friendly food from the vet. If she is still not taking that - she could be in a lot of pain. Our dog (3 years old) was spayed last month and was in terrible pain (allergic reaction to the sutures, which caused her to leak from the wound, develop a fever and to be very uncomfortable). They ended up giving her a pain management patch that they attached to her back (had to shave a patch of hair from her). I wouldn't worry too much right away though - she's gone through quite a bit!
she is most likely feeling the effects of the anesthesia and feeling dopey- give her some more time to sleeo it off.if in 2 days she is not better i'd call the vet
she probably wont want to eat for a while

No comments:

Post a Comment