Friday, May 21, 2010

I live in a remote area . There are no vets here. Yes in small surrounding towns but it's Sunday?

For those who said to take my dying dog to the vet, this is why I haven't. I was hopeing someone could offer an immediate solution. Of course I'm praying that he lives through the night so I can get him to a vet somewhere tomorrow
Answers:
Sunday or not, vets are on call 24/7.
I live in a town of about 200 people, and in the driving distance of 10-20 miles, there are at least 10 vet clinics I could in an emergency.
Remote area to me also suggests farmers with livestock. Do you think those farmers wait until weekly office hours for their emergencies, only if they want to lose thousands of dollars. In a remote area, vets are on call and will meet you at the vet clinic, hey for an extra fee, they may even come to your house.
I hope the best for your dog. I don't understand your question though.
I don't know that I can help but give me details so I can try to help.
Just make sure he is comfortable, try to make him eat something (spoil him with some boiled chicken or beef or something) and make sure he drinks because if he doesn't, his system won't move which will make whatever 'poison' in his body stay. I hope he makes it through!!
p.s.
if you have the vets personal number call
What is wrong with your dog? Someone might be able to help you and your dog through the night. Just post a new question telling about your dog's problem, or, add "additinal Details." Thanks, and good luck,
~ Future Vet
Either call the closest vet anyway, or sometimes they will have an emergency place to take dogs at night and on the weekends. Usually closest and largest metro area. But if not call the vet anyway at home - I would.
I also live in a small town and we only have 1 vet for miles and miles. BUT...they are always on call 24/7. Call their office and let the exchange service take a message and the vet will call you back in most cases. They can determine if your dog should be seen now or wait for the morning.
Well what did you do 2 years ago when he was sick like this?? Did it just need to run it's course?? Did he get an antibiotic or anything?
You have to keep the dog hydrated, make sure that he is drinking water.. Regardless what else happens, if he gets dehydrated.. things will get worse..When the body starts to dehydrate.. Like when you get too cold.. The body takes the resources from the rest of the system and protects the vital organs.. You want to keep him hydrated so that you don't have to worry that he has liver / kidney / heart problems due to being dehydrated.
Good Luck!
Call all of the vets in the area.One of them may do emergency calls and would meet you at their office.My vet does.
Hi after reading your last inquiry http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...
i myself feel you need to get your dog to the vet.. if you honestly think your dog is dying.. Then You should FIND a vet that is open.. even if it is 4hrs away.. Your praying he lives and prayer does a lot, but getting him the help he needs again even if driving 90 miles away will get him to a vet before morning..
Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment