Friday, May 21, 2010

I live far from My dog, what's best for him?

So I have had my two pittbulls ( Girl: ShiShi/ Boy: FatBoy) since they were 2 days old. The mama died so I did all the mommy duties.
We'll I was living with my parents and it was getting to hard to watch both of them when they were a couple months old, so I gave ShiShi to them. Fatboy soon became my babyboy, my best friend, my heart鈾? He is 1yr now...
Two months ago we had to move and something happend to were at the last minute my apt faked on me... Resulting in me giving my FatBoy to my mom and dad until I can get my stuff together. They moved 100miles away and I cannot see him as much as I need to. Idrove out there a couple times but Its always hard to leave. My mom says that when we leave he waits by the front door that I left or he'll go to the bedroom door that me and my boyfriend slept in and cry, scratchin the door.
Is it less tramatic for me to stop the visits, because of the good byes or should I keep going?
P.S I should have my apt within the next 2months..
Thanx
Answers:
My husband works away from home on the mine sites. Our dog does the sulky crying thing when he has left after being home. She goes and lies on his pillow... poor baby. Within a day she is back to her normal self.. This happens each time he come shome and goes again.
I would say continue to visit your baby, and the 2 months will pass quickly - then you can have him with you again.
I think the dog would be happier if you kept visiting him. That way he knows you will always come back for him!!
If you stop visiting him, he will pine for you even worse. Keep seeing him, you won't regret it.
I had to go through the same thing when I went to college. My dog (my chowhound) lost a little weight when I was away. He'd always search the house hoping I'd come home. Poor baby.
You only have two months to go. I don't think it'd make a big difference either way. I can see arguments for both ways. Having been through it myself, I can see how it can be worse for the dog if you just come for short visits.
What do your parents think? Since they have to see him and live with him, they might have the best feedback on what's best for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment